Professional Lawn Care Equipment Rebate Program
POWERFUL. CLEAN. QUIET.
Maybe you're a landscaping pro, or maybe you just have a big yard. Either way, there probably hasn't been much electric equipment meets your needs -- until now. APCD is happy to offer rebates on professional-grade string trimmers, leaf blowers, and their batteries larger than 20.5v.
Two Ways to Get a Rebate
- Purchase your equipment, then use this Rebate Request Form to request a Bonus or Standard Rebate. If your rebate request meets all the requirements, you should receive your rebate within 60 days.
- Through a participating retailer, who will give you your rebate up front as dollars off of the purchase price.
Other Conditions on Equipment Eligibility
- No rebate can exceed the purchase price of equipment.
- All eligible equipment must be purchased new or factory reconditioned.
- Trade-in equipment must be similar to the new eligible electric, reel, or battery-powered equipment that will be purchased with a Bonus Rebate (e.g., a mower for a mower, a battery for a battery).
- Both gas-powered and electric equipment are eligible for trade-in rebate.
- Only batteries used in the cordless electric equipment that is eligible for a rebate under this program will qualify for rebates. No rebate will be given for batteries used in gas-powered equipment.
- Trade-in equipment must be taken to one of the three Louisville Metro recycling centers listed below. Some participating dealers accept replacement batteries for trade/recycling when a new battery is purchased. Only the Waste Reduction Center at 636 Meriwether Avenue is currently accepting all battery types. Please call ahead to other locations for up-to-date battery-recycling information.
- Old equipment must be drained of gas and oil prior to trade-in. Drained oil may be taken to staffed recycling centers, including Metro Recycling Centers #1 and #2 listed below. Gasoline and gas/oil mixtures can be taken to the Haz Bin on Grade Lane.
- Battery rebates apply only to individual battery purchases. Batteries that come with purchased mowers, string trimmers, or leaf blowers do not qualify for additional rebates.
- You do not need to recycle a battery to buy a battery, but there is a limit of 4 battery rebates per string trimmer or leaf blower.
- You do not have to be a lawn care professional to take part in this program.
We have also partnered with Stihl and its local distributor, Bryan Equipment Sales, to offer even bigger rebates on Stihl battery-powered string trimmers, leaf blowers, batteries, and commercial packages via local retailers:
|Bluegrass Lawn & Garden||12711 Dixie Highway||(502) 933-1724|
|Anderson’s Sales & Service||6159 W. Hwy 146, Crestwood, Ky.||(502) 241-7986|
|Anderson’s Sales & Service||1675 Watterson Trail||(502) 267-8237|
|The Mower Shop||7400 Preston Highway||(502) 969-6433|
|Louisville Tractor||1675 Watterson Trail||(502) 267-8237|
Louisville Metro Residency or Business Requirement
The Lawn Care for Cleaner Air rebate program is only open to businesses or residents of Louisville/Jefferson County, Ky. You must provide a copy of your proof of residency (e.g., your driver’s license) or business (e.g., a Jefferson County business license) to the participating dealer when purchasing new equipment. Failure to do so will result in not receiving a rebate.
Louisville Metro Recycling Centers
Trade-in your equipment at the following recycling centers and receive a recycling voucher. (Hours may change without notice; we suggest calling before you head out.):
- Metro Recycling Center # 1, 595 Hubbards Lane. Accepting lawn equipment year-round. Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (502) 896-1293.
- Metro Recycling Center # 2, 7219 Dixie Highway. Accepting lawn equipment March through September. Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (502) 933-5682.
- Metro Waste Reduction Center, 636 Meriwether Ave. Accepting lawn equipment March through September. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (502) 574-2887.
Take the recycling voucher to a participating retailer, along with your proof of Louisville Metro residency or business, and get a rebate on eligible equipment.
If you have questions about the Lawn Care Rebate Program that are not answered on this website, please e-mail us or call us at (502) 574-6000.