Call the LOU HEALTH helpline 502-912-8598.
National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS)
|8-hour average||9 ppm||9 ppm||(1)|
|1-hour average||35 ppm||35 ppm||(1)|
|3-month rolling average||0.15 µg/m3||0.15 µg/m3||(2)|
|Quarterly average||1.5 µg/m3||1.5 µg/m3|
|1-hour average||0.100 ppm||—||(3)|
|Annual average||0.053 ppm||0.053 ppm|
|8-hour average||0.070 ppm||0.070 ppm||(4)|
|PM10 (Inhalable Particulates)|
|Annual average||50 µg/m3||50 µg/m3||(5)|
|24-hour average||150 µg/m3||150 µg/m3||(6)|
|PM2.5 (Fine Particulates)|
|Annual average||12 µg/m3||15 µg/m3|
|24 hour average||35 µg/m3||35 µg/m3||(7)|
|1-hour average||0.75 ppm||—||(8)|
|3-hour average||—||0.50 ppm||(1)|
(1) This average is not to be exceeded more than once per year.
(2) The lead standard was revised 10/15/2008.
(3) The standard is attained when the 3-year average of the 98th percentile of the annual distribution of daily maximum 1-hour average concentrations is less than the standard. The NO2 standard was revised 1/22/2010.
(4) The standard is attained when the three-year average of the fourth-highest daily maximum 8-hour average is less than or equal to the standard. The ozone standard was revised 10/26/2015.
(5) The standard is attained when the expected annual arithmetic mean concentration, as determined in accordance with Appendix K to 40 CFR 50, is less than or equal to the standard.
(6) The standard is attained when the 3-year average of the annual 99th percentile concentration is less than the standard.
(7) The standard is attained when the 98th percentile concentration for the year is less than the standard. The PM2.5standard was revised 1/15/2013.
(8) 99th percentile, averaged over 3 years.
Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:
- Solid Waste Services
- Emergency Services
- Political Info
- General Location Info
Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!
- Residential Services & Locations
- LOJIC Mapping Hub
- Snow Routes Map
- Voting Locations
- Short Term Rental Host Eligibility Map
- Waze Traffic Updates & Road Closures Map
- Neighborhoods, Municipalities, and Districts
- Current Air Quality
- Metro Council Maps
- Interesting Story Maps
- Redlining Louisville Map
- One Bright City Initiative
Covid-19 Testing Information Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Inmate Search Covid Assistance Programs Adopt a pet 2021 Delinquent Child Support List Find a Neighborhood Place Near You Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal Animal Services Sign up for Junk, Garbage and Recycling Notifications Low Income Energy Assistance Program Revenue Commission / Forms & Publications Search our website by keyword Download the 311 mobile app Report an issue Report or search lost and found animals
Download the 311 mobile app and report something to us Order garbage & recycling carts/bins Get an accident report Report a property maintenance issue Get a permit, license or application Pay a parking ticket online City planning and zoning Pay your water/sewer bill Pay your electric/gas bill Bid on surplus items Get a special events permit Pay occupational taxes Pay monthly parking