The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted APCD operations. Please monitor this page for updates. The APCD will continue operating but staff members may be on limited schedules. Please call (502) 574-6000 if you have any questions.
- The Louisville Air Monitoring Network continues normal operations and is being maintained. Air monitoring data is available in real time at Louisville Air Watch.
- Odor, dust, and smoke complaints are still being taken and investigated, though direct person-to-person contact is being avoided.
Louisville Metro Government has closed public access to the Air Pollution Control District’s building and has implemented extensive teleworking. As a result, we are not able to receive asbestos notifications or answer questions about the asbestos program in person at this time. Please read this letter for more information regarding asbestos notifications during this period. We are processing notifications and issuing permits, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We are no longer accepting dropped off documents. If you have a submittal for our office, please mail it to this address:
- 701 W. Ormsby Ave., Suite 303, Louisville, KY 40203-3137
- If no hard copy is required, please consider electronic communications, such as email or via fax to (502) 574-5306
- If you don’t have a specific email contact, please contact us here.
The APCD has changed the deadline to submit Emissions Inventory and Annual Compliance Certification submittals from April 15, 2020, to May 15, 2020. This action merely extends the deadline; it does not waive or suspend any regulatory requirement.
- If you need to speak to someone at the APCD, please call. Our main phone line is (502) 574-6000. Due to the extensive amount of telework underway, you will likely get voicemail (with the exception of our complaints line, which is being forwarded directly to our Compliance Officers). These messages are being checked hourly and we will respond as quickly as possible.