Responses for the Heritage West solicitation of interest must be postmarked by midnight on May 22 OR delivered in person by 5:00 P.M. on May 22 to 444 S. Fifth Street, 6th Floor. Responses must be provided in PDF format on a flash drive, with all files clearly named for ease of understanding.
Louisville Metro Government is in the process of determining the future use of Heritage West located at 3029 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd in the Russell neighborhood. A Solicitation of Interest for the redevelopment of Heritage West has been issued. The city seeks a unique proposal to create and to implement an innovative and sustainable development plan for the property.
Redevelopment proposals should reflect the goals established in Vision Louisville—sustainability, economy, livability, connectivity, creativity, health and authenticity—and the Vision Russell priorities established through visioning meetings held in winter 2016 and 2017.
Responses to the proposal are due no later than May 22 and should include:
- A concept plan showing the general pattern of development proposed, mix of uses, and unit counts where applicable
- An explanation of financing, including sources of funding proposed and any city and state incentives anticipated to be requested
- A list of development partners who will participate in each aspect of the proposed project.
- An explanation of the development team’s qualifications for undertaking a project of this size and scope.
- A commitment to adhere to the fair labor standards contained in Chapter 37 of the Louisville Metro Code of Ordinances pertaining to minority, female and handicapped business enterprises.
Respondents are strongly encouraged to attend at least one of two informational sessions intended to provide an opportunity to view the Heritage West site and to ask representatives of Louisville Metro Government questions. These sessions will take place, weather permitting, on Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. at 3029 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., at Heritage West.
Louisville Metro has partnered with the WLCC to gather information on the community’s vision for the redevelopment of Heritage West, and is committed to facilitating redevelopment that best reflects the needs and desires expressed by residents and other stakeholders during this process. To that end, members of the community will be involved in the selection of a development team and will have access to all materials provided as part of a response to this Solicitation of Interest.
Heritage West totals 23.86 acres and is located on the western border of the Russell neighborhood. The site is bounded on the west by an elevated rail line, to the south by a 6-acre property featuring a historic multi-story warehouse, to the east by single-family residences, a community orchard called “Produce Park,” and various light industrial uses, and to the north by a variety of single- and multi-family residences and neighborhood commercial uses.
For questions concerning the Solicitation of Interest, please contact Laura Ferguson at (502) 574-3503 or email@example.com.