Louisville World Cup Tournament
Louisville Parks and Recreation is staging their own World Cup tournament from 14 June through 15 July 2018 with games in the evening starting at 6:30pm, to be played at Thurman Hutchins Park on quality fields.
- This is a 7-a-side event for ages 18 and older. Only 32 team spots available.
- Registration opens in late January on www.bestparksever.com
- The entry fee for each team is $150 with a minimum guarantee of three games per team, following the World Cup format for the group games.
- Please select a nation your team wishes to represent from the list of the 32 World Cup qualified teams. Thus when Russia plays Saudi Arabia, our tournament teams of the same names will play that evening at Thurman Hutchins Park. We will thus follow the World Cup schedule for the games. The only difference will appear after the group games where we will not be able to follow the same team designations as in the real World Cup. The games for the Round of 16, Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, the Third-Place game, and the Final will still fall on the evening of the real World Cup Schedule.
- The goal of this event is to continue in the off years. We would also like to make the Final on Sunday, 15 July a great festival with food trucks, family games and fun activities. Kick-Off is at 8pm but the activities will begin at 6pm. There will be bleachers set up in a stadium format with flags and colors of the nations represented at the World Cup.
- There will be a trophy to be rotated and used for pictures, while medals will be awarded to the winners and runners-up.
- The teams must have all the players on the field wear the same color gear with numbers. Shin guards are required. Unlimited substitutions on your ball with thirty five minute halves, and a ten minute halftime.
- Advertising opportunities are available as a sponsor for only $200 for the month from 14 June through 15 July 2018. The sponsor produces the 3’ x 8’ banner with gromets for easy hanging, at their own cost. Please offer a check for $200 payable to Louisville Parks and Recreation by 28 February 2018 to be included in all media items. Our offices are in Creason Park, 1297 Trevilian Way or at P. O. Box. 37280, Louisville 40233 and please make it attention: Louisville World Cup Soccer Tournament. You may also contact Seve Ghose, directly at email@example.com or 502-574-6186.