Art + Sole 2018
Fleet Feet Sports is joining forces with Saucony for a night of showcasing the powerful intersection of art and running. We are proud to present for the first time in Louisville, Kentucky, ART + SOLE.
We will take you on a colorful 3-mile journey of some of Louisville's best murals, street art, and wood artisans, all while having fun, meeting new people and working up a sweat! The run/walk will be at a relaxed pace and everyone is welcome to join in on the fun. There will be plenty of stops along the way with someone at each stop to give a brief history of the artwork and the artist.
Arrive as early as 5:30pm; the run will begin at 6:30pm sharp.
Swap your current running shoes out for the brand-new Saucony Ride ISO to demo on the run! This shoe is coming in hot so get there early to claim your size.
After the run, we will end up back up at Against The Grain Brewery to imbibe and enjoy food and drink specials on their AWESOME patio facing Main Street in Downtown Louisville. What better way to spend a Thursday night in May?
That's not even close to being the end of the suprises! We will also be announcing the winners of all the cool raffle prizes we have to give away!
****Two lucky winners will each receive a $50 Fleet Feet Gift Card!!
****A totally AWESOME, newly-released Saucony Ride 11!!! Trust us, this shoe is going to impress. ($120 value)
****Bourbon Barrel Furniture by Jason Cohen gave us some cool pieces to give away during the event. Each piece is handmade in Louisville, with a bourbon barrel that previously made bourbon right here in Kentucky.
3 hole stave candle ($29 value)
Horseshoe handle bourbon head with Jim Beam stamp ($125 value)
9"x9" bar bourbon stave cutting board ($65 value)
Art Run/Walk Details
1. Meet at Against the Grain Brewery as early as 5:30pm on Thursday, May 17th. We will head out towards our first destination on the Art Run where we will learn about each from someone who created the piece or is well versed on the work. This is going to be Louisville's very first ART RUN, and what better neighborhood to do it in than Downtown, Nulu, and Butchertown.
2. Flock of Finns sculptures - find out why these colorful birds are gathered near the Waterfront
3. Love Mural at Play Louisville - vibrant mural is powerful to behold and also carries a powerful message
4. Bourbon Barrel Furniture - Talk to local wood artisan, Jason Cohen about his beautifully crafted, one of a kind, bourbon barrel furniture and much more!
5. Nulu Wildflowers Mural - Learn what each flowers means and its significanve to the Nulu neighborhood
6. Head back to Against the Grain to enjoy the AFTER PARTY! We will have an interactive art piece for runners to take join in on a creation of our own.
Tap into your inner creative side, and paint a portion of a community work dedicated to the Saucony Ride ISO!