Road and Street Closures
|Map closures||Twitter updates|
Construction, Maintenance and Utilities Road Closures
North 34th Street will be closed between Bank St. and Gilligan St. from January 22 to February 5 for utility construction upgrades. Local and emergency access will be provided.
Broad Run Road in front of number 8301 is restricted to one lane for repair of a failing retaining wall. This location includes a sizeable embankment over a box culvert with concrete retaining walls. We have installed monitoring points and will be watching the roadway for any shifting or settling movements. If such movements are noted we will have to close the road to traffic.
Cooper Chapel Road will have daily road closures beginning January 19, 2015 from Price Lane to Leisure Lane for water main installation. Emergency, postal and school bus traffic will be allowed through this area with minor delay. This closure will be daily from approximately 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. for approximately two weeks.
East Jacob Street between S. Preston St. and S. Jackson St. will be closed from February 10, 2014 through September 1, 2015 for construction activities associated with the Sheppard Square Project.
Event Road Closures:
The following streets will be closed during the following times:
Saturday, April 4, 2015 - Papa John's Ten Miler
6 am - Noon
- Southern Parkway from Florence Avenue to Southern Heights Avenue
6:30 am - Noon
- Southern Parkway from Third Street to Florence Avenue
- Southern Parkway from Southern Heights Avenue to New Cut Road/Taylor Boulevard
6:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Central Avenue from Third Street to Fourth Street
- Central Avenue from Floyd Street to Third Street (Central Station traffic only)
- Third Street from Central Avenue to Southern Parkway
7:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Floyd Street from Central Avenue to Boxley Avenue
8 am - 11 am
- Taylor Boulevard from Huntoon Avenue to Southern Parkway
- New Cut Road from Southern Parkway to Palatka Road
- Iroquois Park (all park streets)
No Parking Areas
5 am - Noon
- Third Street from Heywood Avenue to Southern Parkway
Ohio River Bridges Project Road Closures