The purpose of the Louisville Metro Code of Ordinances Chapter 127 is to encourage burglar alarm users and alarm companies to properly use, install and maintain the operational effectiveness of burglar alarm systems in order to improve the reliability of alarm systems and reduce or eliminate false alarms. A false alarm is a request to dispatch police to an alarm site when there is no evidence of a criminal offense or attempted criminal offense.
Make Online Payment
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and AMERICAN EXPRESS!
In order to make a payment online, you will need your:
- user name
These can be found in your notification letter you received advising you on your false alarm civil penalty charge.
Alarm Users & Alarm Technicians
- Registration (pdf file)
- Alarm Business License Application (pdf file)
- Alarm Technician - Alarm Technician Temporary License Application (pdf file)
- Background Check Form (pdf file)
- Licensed Alarm Companies (pdf file)
- Licensed Alarm Technicians (pdf file)
- Civil Penalties and / or Liens (pdf file)
- Appealing a Fine (pdf file)
- False Alarm Prevention Tips (pdf file)
- FAQs (pdf file)
- Bulletins on Reducing False Alarms
- Metro Government Code of Ordinance Chapter 127
For more information, please contact:
Pam Steiger, False Alarm Administrative Coordinator
633 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202