Louisville Metro EMS CPR Center
1805 South Brook Street
Louisville, KY 40208
The LMEMS CPR Center offers training opportunities for both healthcare providers and the general public. The CPR Center is an approved American Heart Association (AHA)* training center and also offers services for area CPR instructors. LMEMS uses the most advanced training manikins and AEDs to keep up to date with the latest in CPR technology and research.
AHA class supplies for purchase and equipment rental available upon request.
The following training classes are available through the LMEMS CPR Center:
1. BLS HCP: This course is required by anyone entering into or already working within the medical field. The class covers Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED use with one and two rescuers, BVM use as well as covers the procedures for foreign body airway obstruction. This is a 2 year certification class.
2. Heartsaver CPR/AED: This course is a basic overview of how to handle a cardiac arrest event. This class covers Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED use as well as covers the procedures for foreign body airway obstruction. This is a 2 year certification class.
3. Heartsaver First Aid: This class provides a basic overview of medical and trauma emergencies and how to safely handle each. This is a 2 year certification class
4. ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support class is geared towards those who are working in the medical field and who would be assisting with advanced procedures during a cardiac arrest event. Emphasis is placed on rhythm recognition, appropriate drug therapy as well as BLS skills. This is a 2 year certification class.
5. PALS: Pediatric Advanced Life Support is designed for those who would be working with the advanced procedures during a pediatric cardiac arrest. Emphasis is placed on rhythm recognition, appropriate drug therapy, IO use, as well as BLS skills. This is a 2 year certification class.
6. PEARS: Pediatric Evaluation Assessment Recognition and Stabilization class is geared towards those who are routinely providing care for pediatric patients but do not required the advanced skills of PALS. This is a 2 year certification class.
7. HANDS ONLY AWARENESS: Community classes for awareness demos only! No certification card is issued.
8. SKILL SESSIONS: Skills sessions needed for any BLS, Heartsaver, ACLS or PALS online class are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMEMS CPR Center offers Instructor classes in each AHA Discipline:
1. BLS Instructor Only: Those who are wishing to only teach the BLS HCP class.
2. BLS & HS Instructor: Those who will be teaching BLS HCP classes as well as Heartsaver Classes.
3. HS Instructor Only: Those who will be teaching Heartsaver classes but not BLS classes
4. ACLS Instructor: Will be able to teach ACLS classes
5. PALS/PEARS Instructor: Will be able to teach PALS and PEARS classes
6. PEARS Instructor Only: Will only teach the PEARS classes
*The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.