Located at 2900 W. Broadway, the Nia Center is a one-stop for resources in Louisville where you can find anything from finishing your GED, to starting a business, to getting a job.
Defined as "purpose" in Swahili, the Nia Center was named because of its purpose of empowering people to develop a more meaningful life, for themselves and their business.
ONE STOP CAREER CENTER
If you are looking for a job or need help finding the right person to fill a position, contact the Kentuckiana Works One-Stop Career Center to help you with career counseling, job placement and assistance, training and career development, and resume writing and interview coaching.
For the job seeker, One-Stop Career Center provides free career and job-search resources, workshops, and resume assistance. For employers, One-Stop Career Center provides free and fee-based human resources, training and staffing services.
Related organizations that will help with educational attainment, job search, or business growth include:
- JCPS Adult Education offers FREE basic skills, GED and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Job skills and personal interest classes are also available at affordable rates.
- KentuckianaWorks helps organizations that meet local staffing needs. They support groups working to develop, attract and retain a superior workforce in Kentuckiana.
- West Jefferson Community Task Force identifies and addresses environmental and waste concerns. Communities and businesses get assistance creating solutions that meet their diverse needs.
- Housing Partnership, Inc. can help you live the American dream. Get control of your financial future and learn how home ownership can be within your reach.
- JobCorps helps young people ages 16-24 get a better job, make more money and take control of their lives.
SMALL BUSINESS SERVICES
If you are thinking about starting a new business, or taking your existing business to the next level, get help with the Louisville Business Clinic's business-development services.
- The Kentucky Small Business Development Center provides FREE consulting services for business planning, marketing, financial options for small businesses and startups, in addition to affordable entrepreneur training.
- KSBDC has an office at Nia, and has staff available from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- The Small Business Administration can help you obtain financial assistance to start, run or grow a business.
- SBA holds office hours at Nia Center the first Wednesday of each month, from 12:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- The SCORE (Service Core of Retired Engineers) offers in-depth counseling by people with real-world experiences, as well as low-cost pre-business workshops.
- The CoAlliance of Business Associations works with local business associations and government to provide the solutions your business needs. The CoAlliance is staffed by volunteer professionals who solve and assist you with growing your business.
For more information about the Nia Center, please contact us or call 502.574.1140.