The Subway Fresh Fit Hike Bike & Paddle is an annual event held every Memorial & Labor Day. Thousands of participants flock to Waterfront Park to enjoy a morning full of fun. Bring the entire family for this free, healthy hometown event. Various fitness demonstrations start the day including yoga, tai chi, zumba, pickleball, NIA and much more. There are numerous vendor booths available for information and giveaways. After all of that, take your pick from a 5k hike, 10-mile bike ride or a paddle on the Ohio River. This event is not a race. It is open to participants of all levels and we encourage everyone to get out and enjoy the festivities!
Free t-shirt with completion of a short survey, while supplies last. Go Green! Bring your own water bottles! Fill stations are available at Waterfront Park.
The Subway Fresh Fit Hike, Bike & Paddle takes place at Waterfront Park's Great Lawn (map this location). The hike and bike takes place on the Great Lawn at E. Witherspoon Street. Paddlers will put in at Harbor Lawn at the water's edge which is next to the Great Lawn.
7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Boat Drop Off (Green Lot at Waterfront Park. Located at west bound River Road & Witherspoon under I_64)
8:00 a.m. - NIA, Tai Chi, Yoga, Pickleball & Zumba Demonstrations (Waterfront Park/Great Lawn)
8:30 a.m. - Booths open
9:00 a.m. - Kayak Rolling Contest by Quest Outdoors & Harbor Point
9:30 a.m. - Mayor Greg Fischer Welcome
10:00 a.m. - Hikers, Bikers & Paddlers Start
Bike Route Info
(See Map) Routes goes from Waterfront Park west to Shawnee Park and back.
- START at Waterfront Park (Great Lawn at E. Witherspoon Street)
- 1st WATER STOP - Great Lawn
- RT Preston Street
- RT Main Street
- RT 15th Street
- LT Portland Avenue
- 2nd WATER STOP - 15th and Lytle Street
- ** Turn around option at 16th & Northwestern through floodwall to Riverwalk trail and return to Waterfront Park **
- LT S Portland Avenue & Northwestern Pkwy at 31st Street
- Northwestern Pkwy becomes Southwestern Pkwy at end of 100 block of Northwestern Parkway
- RT Loop around entire park, bearing right at the grass circle
- 3rd WATER STOP - Pavilion; entrance LT into parking lot
- LT on Park Road, bear RIGHT at grass circle
- LT to exit Shawnee Park at Southwestern Pkwy (Southwestern changes into Northwestern)
- S/RT Northwestern Pkwy changes to Portland Ave at 31st Street
- 4th WATER STOP -16th between Portland Ave. & Northwestern Pkwy
- RT 15th Street
- LT Market Street
- LT Floyd Street
- FINISH - Floyd Street at Witherspoon
Hike Route Info
- Waterfront Park north on sidewalk to river
- North on sidewalk beside Great Lawn
- West on foot bridge between fountains
- North on plaza to river then West along River Walk to 10th Street (through parking lot)
- South on 10th St. to Main St.
- East on Main St. - sidewalks in front of Museum Row
- North on 56th Street to Muhammad Ali Center
- Muhammad Ali Center elevator tor stairs to Pedway
- East across Belvedere
- Belvedere ramp north to Belvedere Overlook
- Elevator or stairs to parking lot and side upper sidewalk
- Sidewalk to south side of Joe's Crab Shack
- South on Plaza to sidewalk
- Sidewalk east along E. Witherspoon to Start Area.
Paddle Route Info
- 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Boat Drop Off/Paddlers Put In - At the Harbor Lawn at the water's edge next to Great Lawn
- 9:00 a.m. - Don't miss the Kayak Rolling Contest by Quest Outdoors at Harbor Point!
- 10:00 a.m. - START - Paddler's paddle west on the Ohio River from the Harbor Lawn.
- Recreational float through McAlpline Locks, Canoes, Kayaks & Rowing Shells
- 11:45 a.m. - Locks close to paddlers
- Take Out - At Jaycee Boat Ramp in New Albany
Thanks to these fine supporters!
ABL, A Better Living Fit Zumba
Bicycling for Louisville
Brain Injury Association
Greater Louisville Sports Commission
Kentuckiana Paddlers Association
Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
Louisville Area Canoe and Kayak Club
Louisville Bicycle Club
Louisville Metro Government
Louisville Community Boat House
Louisville Fire & Rescue
LMPD River Patrol
Metro Public Works
Louisville Rowing Club
Louisville Water Company
Mu Chapter Tai Chi Chuan
River City Community Sailing Program
Scheller's Fitness & Cycling