Seasonal Job Opportunities
Join our fun and exciting community, where a hands-on atmosphere will give you the opportunity to develop your teaching technique, learn new skills, and explore the local environment. Our location is the perfect place to teach, learn and grow! With 6,218 acres and 35 miles of hiking trails, Jefferson Memorial Forest is the nation’s largest city-owned forest, just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY. The forest is also home to our Alpine Climbing Tower, Nature Center, two Nature Explore Classrooms, an Archery Range, a Teams Course, and more! Seasonal positions are available for March- November 2014.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Hard-working, flexible, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals who are excited about the natural world and have a desire to spark a curiosity in the JMF visitors. The Seasonal Educators exemplify a high personal and professional standard of integrity and show incredible passion for our programs! This includes:
- Delivering outdoor programs in an engagin, fun and safe manner.
- Helping with general maintenance projects, program preparations and logistics.
- Providing excellent customer service to visiting groups.
- Maintaining enthusiam for programs in a variety of weather conditions.
- Working cooperatively with all members of the JMF community and Staff.
Please send a resume and cover letter to
Rebecca Minnick, Public Education Supervisor
Louisville Metro Parks--Natural Areas Division
Jefferson Memorial Forest
PO Box 467 Fairdale, KY 40118