Now you can get directly involved in making Louisville a more litter-free community through the Report-A-Litterer program. It's aimed at motorists who throw fast-food wrappers, cigarette butts, soda bottles or any type of litter out their car window.
To report a litterer, simply use the contact form below and include the following:
- You must provide the license plate number of the vehicle.
- Please also provide the make and model of the vehicle if possible.
- Specific location where violation occurred.
- Date and time when violation occurred.
- Type of litter.
- Any other descriptive information you can provide.
What Happens Next
After a litterer is reported, the license plate number is verified (including a description of the vehicle) through the County Clerk's Office. The owner of the vehicle will receive a letter saying that someone reported seeing litter being thrown from their vehicle, and reminding the owner that littering is punishable by a fine of up to $500 and/or up to a year in jail. An automobile litter bag also will accompany each letter.