Click on the link below to purchase or renew your Hazardous Materials Permit. This new interactive, online application will allow you to quickly and easily enter your information and submit your application. Upon acceptance, you will be able to pay online and download your permit. You will need the Occupancy ID number that was on the letter you received.
Below you will find five links:
- A link to the new online application program.
- Instructions related to the new program, which includes how to contact the Louisville Fire Department and the Program Administrator.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Definitions associated with various materials.
- Hazmat Tables (a list of materials and thresholds, also found within the instructions).
Please proceed to the application and follow the prompts. Definitions and additional information for some materials are on the DEFINITIONS link below. More information and examples are under the Instructions or the FAQ’s.
Note: These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here free of charge.
Launch the Secure Hazardous Materials Permit Web Portal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Facilities consisting of more than one building in close proximity to one another will only require a single permit for the complex. Facilities with more than one location will require a permit for each individual operation. Individual tenants that share a single building will require a permit for each tenant. The maximum fee for any single permit is $500.
Carefully read and follow the instructions and see the FAQ section if you have questions. Contact information is included at the end of the Instructions.