Forms & Resources

Under 21 DUI Diversion Contract (PDF file for print)
The Under-21 Diversion Program is for first-time, teen-aged DUI offenders. It is a collaboration among the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office, the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the Metro Chapter of M.A.D.D., and the Louisville Metro Police Department.  The goals of the program are to:

  • address both illegal drinking and impaired driving through intervention
  • prevent repeat DUI offenses among defendants who successfully complete the program
  • increase citizen awareness of the under-21 DUI statues
  • replace drunk driving myths with Driving Under the Influence information

Restitution Inquiry Form (PDF file for print)
Each year thousands of dollars in collected restitution – money paid by criminals to reimburse their victims – is turned over to the State Treasurer’s Office because victims of crime relocate and fail to provide a forwarding address. The Jefferson County Attorney's Office (JCAO) will assist victims of crime in making a claim for unclaimed restitution held by our office. In order to claim this money, you must first submit an inquiry form. You can obtain the inquiry form above or by contacting our office at 574-6781.

Bad Check Complaint Form (PDF file for print)
The County Attorney's Bad Check Recovery Program returns money to the victims of bad checks, including reasonable return check fees. Check writers have strong motivation to cooperate in order to avoid prosecution. For you, participation is easy. Users of the Bad Check Recovery Program must complete the Bad Check Complaint Form and provide our office with a copy, front and back, of the original "bank stamped" returned check. These may be brought or mailed to our office.

Request a Speaker
Need a speaker from the Jefferson County Attorney's Office?  Please click on the link above adn fill out the form to give us more information.  Someone from our communications office will respond to your request as soon as possible.  Please note that we require a 3 week lead time to schedule a speaker.

Veterans Treatment Court Inquiry Form: To be completed after a referral is made to VTC in order for a legal assessment to determine program eligibility.

Other links and resources:

  • Speeding tickets
  • Criminal complaints
    To obtain a warrant for a criminal complaint, you will need to go to the Hall of Justice building at 600 West Jefferson Street, Room 2058. Their hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. Their phone number is 502-574-0961. To file a domestic complaint, go to the Hall of Justice at 600 West Jefferson Street, First Floor. It is called the Domestic Violence Unit. Their hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am – midnight and Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 6 pm.
  • Juvenile complaints
  • Child support
  • Information on cold/bad checks
  • File for guardianship
  • Traffic court
  • Drug court
  • Circuit courts
  • District court
  • Family court
  • Juvenile court
  • Misdemeanors
  • Civil cases
  • Mental inquest/disability
  • County Attorney's Office
  • Commonwealth Attorney's Office
  • Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
  • Kentucky Supreme Court
  • Court of Appeals